Do Misdemeanors Go Away?

A misdemeanor conviction does not come off your record in Washington, unless you ask the court to vacate your conviction. Certain types of misdemeanors can never be vacated. For example, a DUI conviction can never be vacated from your record. For most other types of misdemeanors, if you meet certain requirements, the court may vacate your conviction. Once your misdemeanor has been vacated, you can legally state that you have not been convicted of that charge. Contact us to see if you qualify to ask the court to vacate your conviction.